What is CVAC?
The CVAC process is based on improving the body’s adaptation response to stressors. CVAC applies precisely composed rhythm-based changes to pressure, temperature and density of air. These changes to pressure, “stress” the body on a cellular level, similar to the body’s natural response to an intense workout.
A typical CVAC session is a brief 20 minutes. Due to the minimal amount of time spent at each altitude, the types of negative side effects that can afflict ascending and descending climbers is not a concern. While the user doesn’t do much other than sit while inside the pod, many of the same benefits as intense exercise are gained. In fact, CVAC Systems claims that spending up to 40 minutes in the pod just two-three times per week can improve circulation, boost oxygen-rich blood cells, remove lactic acid and potentially stimulate mitochondrial biogenesis and stem-cell production. Experience physical conditioning without stressing your body and joints!
Athletes who have added the CVAC process to their training regimens have gained a competitive edge with reported improvement in three areas vital to performance—recovery, endurance and power.
Client’s who use CVAC regularly, report results that include:
Q. WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT DURING MY INTIAL CVAC APPOINTMENT AT ASCENT?
- During your initial visit, we will introduce and educate you about the experience and sensations you should expect during your first CVAC session. The appointment begins with a detailed presentation on the process itself and various ear clearing methods to become familiar with for your safety and comfort. The first of (5), five minute Introductory Tier 1 Sessions begins shortly there after. The purpose of these short, progressive sessions are to increase the flexibility of your Eustachian tubes. With guidance and communication along the way you will then continue your journey through the gradually increasing sessions until all (5) are finished. Upon completion, you will answer a short questionnaire that profiles you into one of twelve personalized categories. These twelve specific profiles measure ones abilities to cope and react to certain stressors. Once classified, you may then begin your customized, rhythmically programed CVAC journey.
Future visits based on our recommended protocol include 2 twenty-minute sessions, three times a week. Or 3 twenty-minute sessions, twice per week.
Please note the following:
- Due to CVAC’s changes in pressure being similar to the takeoff and landing of an airplane, please be aware that if you have any condition that would prevent you from equalizing the pressure in your ears (IE: sinus allergies or infection, toothache or tooth infection, cold or flu, scuba, deep-sea dives or used a hyperbaric chamber within the last 24 hours) it is recommended that you postpone your session.
- Eat before taking CVAC sessions if you are prone to low blood sugar.
- Avoid food that causes congestion or mucus (Such as dairy products).
- We will keep you hydrated with water. (Being well hydrated helps thin the blood allowing the kidneys to filter it more effectively.)
- No laptops in the pod. Cell phones and Tablets are okay.
- Do not bring a fountain pen or “vape” device into the pod, as the changes in air pressure will likely cause it to leak. Ballpoint pens and pencils are okay.
- Please wear shoes. Bare feet are not allowed in the CVAC pod.
Q. HOW MANY CVAC PODS ARE AVAILABLE FOR PUBLIC USE?
Q. WHAT ARE THE PRIMARY DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE CVAC POD AND A HYPERBARIC CHAMBER?
Using composed proprietary patterned sequences; pressure is increased and decreased. These changes in pressure set up waves of tension and relaxation that act in concert with the pulsatile nature of breathing, muscle contraction and blood flow that occur during exercise. By momentarily depleting the body of oxygen, the body begins to adapt and become conditioned to utilize the oxygen more efficiently; hence our mechanisms and all their moving parts start to improve. Not only is CVAC taking pressure away and then reintroducing it into the atmosphere but it is also changing the temperature and the density of air. This all works synergistically to create what we understand to be the CVAC process.
Q. WHAT OTHER ADAPTATION AND REGENERATION TECHNOLOGIES ARE OFFERED AT ASCENT?
Q. AM I ABLE TO PURCHASE A CVAC POD THROUGH ASCENT?
Q. HOW CAN I FIND OUT MORE REGARDING CVAC AND WHETHER IT IS RIGHT FOR ME?
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please contact our knowledgeable staff by phone at (949) 474-4404 or email us at info@Ascent-OC.com. Please also visit the “Contact Us” page to sign up for our informative newsletter.
Visit Orange County’s only Adaptation & Regeneration Center
Ascent Adaptation & Regenerarion
Call: (949) 474-4404