What is CVAC?
CVAC is NOT a HYPERBARIC chamber (It actually produces short exposure to the exact opposite… a HYPOBARIC environment). CVAC is a passive process based on the benefits created by constant and rapid changes to pressure. As you sit comfortably inside the CVAC Pod, an external vacuum pump adjusts the barometric pressure inside, simulating increases and decreases in altitudes that range from sea level to 22,500 feet (That’s higher than Mt Everest’s base camp!). The entire body (blood, organs, muscle…. down to each and every cell) is rhythmically compressed and relaxed, as the peaks, plateaus, valleys and drops are viewed on the computer screen outside the pod.
Every person can benefit from improved cellular fitness. People of all ages and activity levels are using CVAC to help improve their overall fitness without the aggressive physical exertion often associated with an exercise regimen.
Athletes who have added the CVAC process to their training regimens have gained a competitive edge with reported improvement in three areas vital to performance—recovery, endurance and power.
Client’s who use CVAC regularly, report results that include:
Q. WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT DURING MY INTIAL CVAC APPOINTMENT AT ASCENT?
- During your initial visit, we will introduce and educate you about the experience and sensations you should expect during your first CVAC session. The appointment begins with a detailed presentation on the process itself and various ear clearing methods to become familiar with for your safety and comfort. The first of (5), five minute Introductory Tier 1 Sessions begins shortly there after. The purpose of these short, progressive sessions are to increase the flexibility of your Eustachian tubes. With guidance and communication along the way you will then continue your journey through the gradually increasing sessions until all (5) are finished. Upon completion, you will answer a short questionnaire that profiles you into one of twelve personalized categories. These twelve specific profiles measure ones abilities to cope and react to certain stressors. Once classified, you may then begin your customized, rhythmically programed CVAC journey.
- Due to CVAC’s changes in pressure being similar to the takeoff and landing of an airplane, please be aware that if you have any condition that would prevent you from equalizing the pressure in your ears (IE: sinus allergies or infection, toothache or tooth infection, cold or flu, scuba, deep-sea dives or used a hyperbaric chamber within the last 24 hours) it is recommended that you postpone your session.
- Eat before taking CVAC sessions if you are prone to low blood sugar.
- Avoid food that causes congestion or mucus (Such as dairy products).
- We will keep you hydrated with water. (Being well hydrated helps thin the blood allowing the kidneys to filter it more effectively.)
- No laptops in the pod. Cell phones and Tablets are okay.
- Do not bring a fountain pen or “vape” device into the pod, as the changes in air pressure will likely cause it to leak. Ballpoint pens and pencils are okay.
- Please wear shoes. Bare feet are not allowed in the CVAC pod.
Q. HOW MANY CVAC PODS ARE AVAILABLE FOR PUBLIC USE?
Q. WHAT ARE THE PRIMARY DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE CVAC POD AND A HYPERBARIC CHAMBER?
Q. WHAT OTHER ADAPTATION AND REGENERATION TECHNOLOGIES ARE OFFERED AT ASCENT?
Q. AM I ABLE TO PURCHASE A CVAC POD THROUGH ASCENT?
Q. HOW CAN I FIND OUT MORE REGARDING CVAC AND WHETHER IT IS RIGHT FOR ME?
Visit Orange County’s only Adaptation & Regeneration Center
Ascent Adaptation & Regenerarion
Call: (949) 474-4404